Working Together to Keep You Safe
Coles Express has designed its safety strategy to protect everyone – team members, visitors and YOU – our customer.
Your safety is important to us, and together we can work to prevent safety issues and incidents. Download our Safety Brochure and read about how you can help us take a proactive approach to safety.
Safety Data Sheets for fuels, LPG and lubricants are available to download and read here.
To ensure your own safety and that of others please:
- Immediately report any activity, behaviour or piece of equipment that concerns you
- Always ask for assistance if you are unsure how to operate equipment, or need any help
- Inform us of anything we can do to make our stores safe for you, us and others
- Familiarise yourself with the basic safety guidelines in this leaflet.
And stay safe!
The 10 step program to help you save fuel
1. Drive smoothly avoiding heavy acceleration or braking.
2. Change up to a higher gear as early as possible as you accelerate.
3. Keep your engine well tuned, check your oil and fix any problems immediately.
4. Make sure your tyres are at the correct pressure and not under or over inflated.
5. Keep your boot or back seat clear of unnecessary items that just add weight.
6. If you're not using your roof rack or roof box then take it off.
7. Keep your windows closed, especially if you're driving at higher speeds.
8. Always use the recommended grade of oil in your engine.
9. Use cruise control on major roads and in free flowing traffic.
10. Avoid excessive idling as it burns fuel and gets you nowhere